Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Delicious Lemony Laziness.



So, I love lemons. I especially love lemons when I can turn them into something sweet easily and without the use of an oven. Because as much as I love to bake, it can be time consuming and require way more effort than I'm willing to impart, whilst still desiring the yum. That brings me back to my original point; lemon things that don't require baking.

This is the first post back after... a year? Two? I honestly don't remember. I feel like I should do something fancy to commemorate this, and I do also have a delicious carrot cake recipe to share, but I am kind of itching to post this one for you. Maybe because it's simple and tasty and you're an idiot if you screw it up? Maybe because I'm lazy and it requires less effort. Anyway, it's called Lemon Slice. The name is highly original and artistic, inspiring both the imagination and the taste buds.

Also, forgive me if this blogging thing seems disjointed, or more spastic than anything else on the site. Like I said - it's been a while. I'm out of practice. It's near 2 am.

Lemon Slice 


Base
250 g (one packet) wine biscuits
1 c desiccated coconut
1/2 c condensed milk
150g butter
Zest of one lemon.

1. Crush the biscuits, manually or with the wonders of modern technology.

2. Mix the dry stuff, which is in this case, crushed biscuits and coconut. Wild flavour experiments going on here.



3. Melt butter, and add to the dry ingredients, along with the condensed milk and the zest.



4. Mix! It should form clumps. Tasty, tasty clumps.

















5. Line a slice tin, and press the mixture into it. Put into the fridge to set and start preparing the icing.




Icing
3 c icing sugar
50g butter
Juice of one lemon
Water

1. In a bowl, sift your icing sugar (or don't - if you're lazy, like me).

2. Melt the butter, then add it and the juice of the lemon to the sugar. Mix until combined. You may need to add some water here to get the desired consistency.



3. Spread evenly over the base, then pop back into the fridge to let set.



4. Finally, take it out of the tin and cut into squares!


See? Simple. Ridiculously so. This is my consolation prize to myself after numerous chocolate fudge failures. I'm going to make some Russian fudge again soon, so that will pop up too. I can actually make that stuff, which is surprising given the epic proportions of the chocolate fudge failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment